My co-worker is having a baby girl! So what better thing to do than search on Pinterest for a baby shower gift.
Items I included:
- Some favorite snack: I know I’m always hungry. Vending machine food just might not cut it – put some of daddy’s favorite snacks in – maybe some Clif bars
- Mommy & Daddy’s favorite soda’s
- Gum / mints: I don’t think anyone wants stinky breath!
- Socks with non-slip bottoms (I found them at Wal-mart)
- Flip flops / shower shoes: Alternative to socks!
- Disposable toothbrushes: Your teeth get dirty. And then you don’t have to leave your toothbrush somewhere!
- Travel dry shampoo: This stuff is FANTASTIC! If you don’t have time to shower, but still want to look pretty(ish) for photos – just spray it in. My wal-mart has Tresemme travel sized.
- Travel make-up remover wipes
- Travel Clorox wipes: trying to help out other germaphobes of this world
- Cottonelle toilet paper wipes: hospital TP does NOT sound nice
- Tide to-go: it’ll be great for the diaper bag!
- Aveeno Stress Lotion
- Vasaline / chapstick: I’ve heard your lips get pretty chapped.
- Hair ties: I made my own OR these are my favorite nonslip hair ties
- Stretchy head bands
- Fun nail file
- Ear plugs for daddy
- Blank or thank you notes: Mom and dad might want to thank the nurses or visitors!
- Baby Ruth candy bar: I printed out their last name and taped it to the candy bar using mailing tape
- Hand sanitizer: I made this! How adorable? Here the directions. In a nutshell, using a laser printer, print on a transparency. cut out, roll up, put in, push to the front, and viola! Now, mom can put it in the hospital room and it’s a cute way to make sure visitors have cleaned their hands. And it can go in baby’s room!
- And LAST but not LEAST, a container or basket: I chose a plastic container with a lid and handle! I would choose something that is easily travel-able. Maybe even a diaper or mommy bag!
What I thought about, but didn’t include:
- Books / magazines: For him AND her!
- Quarters: For the vending machines of course!
- Kleenex: Hospital kleenex CANNOT be comfy.
- Easy-access nightgown: One of my coworkers said she wished she had this
If you make your own kit or have other suggestions of things to include, feel free to comment!
DIY Burp Cloths
I also sewed these! I’m pretty proud of myself. They MAY have ended up a little crooked, BUT I still think they’re cute! I used terrycloth as the backing and Joann’s had flannel prints for $2.99/yd! Here’s the tutorial I used.