Does it drive anyone else CRAZY when there is no pen nearby to add things to your fridge notepad? I tend to forget things easily, and sometimes, by the time I get my pen, I forgot what I needed to write down!
My mom has the same problem, so I made her this as part of her birthday week. [I’ll add the link once her birthday week is over! I don’t want to ruin any surprises so I’m waiting…]
Super easy and ended up being super cute gift! I got the notepad at Michael’s.
Here’s how to make the super cute magnetic pen holder!
What you will need:
- empty spice tin (got mine at Kroger – they have 2 sizes, I used a large one)
- scrapbook paper
- Mod Podge (make your own with Elmer’s glue)
- small foam brush
- magnets & glue (E6000 is good stuff)
- Remove the lid of the spice tin. I opened it and was able to get it out with my fingers. You could also use pliers.
- Cut your paper to fit the spice tin. I set the paper on top of the ridge, and made it the paper about 1/2 – 1 inch taller than the container to create nice edges.
- Using the small foam brush, put a light coat of Mod Podge on the tin. Place the scrapbook paper on the front – starting on the bottom rim, making sure the seam for the paper will be on the back. Use a credit card to smooth the paper. Smooth it around the corners.
- Cut a diagonal slice down each corner, put Mod Podge on the paper sticking out the top and then pressed it firmly to the inside of the tin. Put more Mod Podge just where the paper overlaps the tin to secure the seal.
- Attach the magnets to the back of the tin (the side with the seam). Let glue dry.
- Add pens, attach to fridge, and VIOLA!
My inspiration from Not Without Heels:
I also love the idea of using a pretty tea tin! No paper necessary!